Haulage Partners Manager
We are a fast-growing start-up company in the logistics market in Nigeria committed to offering digital services in the field of last-mile delivery, haulage, warehousing & fulfilment, and payment.
About the job
You are a strategic, process-oriented, planner, thorough at execution with the ability to drive recruitment and engagement of haulage partners across the country. You have a good understanding of fleet management. You work in partnership with the operations team to ensure overall fleet conditions and performance. You are ready to roll up your sleeves, join a passionate team, and build a business at light speed while tackling the large Nigerian parcel or goods shipping market. You will make sure that our amazing services are available and perfectly executed to our customers conveniently and seamlessly.
- Proactively monitor demand and supply of Fleet to meet business current and future needs
- Develop the capacity of the Fleet Management team to effectively manage and maintain a healthy pool of fleet
- Manage real-time fleet capacity for optimal performance
- Develop a scalable and effective communication plan for engagement
- Provide structured and actionable feedback to the COO
- Plan, monitor, and prepare a budget; expenditures and analyze financial objectives of Fleet Management.
- Analyse logistical requirements and decides on appropriate methods and services to be used based on standard practice and plans, execute and monitor shipments
- Planning and scheduling the delivery of goods and cargo.
- Making sure that project deadlines are met.
- Negotiating the services of 3rd party carriers, couriers, and haulage companies.
- Managing supplier delivery performance and maintaining supplier contracts.
- Negotiating pricing with local carriers.
- Development of the logistics supply base.
- Supporting other departments within the company.
- Identifying key transport costs.
- Develop a data-driven approach and metrics for fleet operation tracking, including the creation of performance, efficiency, etc.
- Institute an efficient and compliance-driven structure that aligns fleet with Kwik culture, local rules, and regulations
- Develop cost-effective fleet expansion and availability to meet all customer’s requests in new states
- Work with Engineering to develop a technology roadmap and implementation of new technologies
- BA/BSc degree in Social Sciences, Operations, or equivalent practical experience. MBA or relevant post-graduate education is an added advantage
- 10+ years of experience managing transportation operations to ensure the lowest-cost and on-time delivery
- Experience in managing fleet
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible in a constantly changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of excel/google sheets and ease with a variety of tech platforms and reporting
- Tech enthusiasts with dexterity in using digital products
- Natural leader