Country Manager - Mobile Streaming
About StarNews Mobile
Starnews is an LA-based media-tech company with the mission to give financial freedom to creators in Africa: musicians, actors, comedians, athletes, dancers, chefs, journalists, and many more. In partnership with mobile operators MTN, Orange and Moov - we have created a video streaming platform with a clever monetization mechanism through which they earn real income from digital content distribution. We want to boost the world’s already exploding passion for African music, art, fashion, and other creative contributions. The platform is growing fast with 120 creators and 4 million users. We are backed by a diverse and prestigious group of investors including IetP, Snap, Graph Ventures, Lofty Inc, and Janngo, as well as famous football players from FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.
About the job
StarNews Mobile seeking a Country Manager in Nigeria to join our team. You will be responsible for defining and executing our country strategy, managing relationships with our telecom partners, our content creators, and all our other local partners, and of managing the local team (up to 10 people). In summary, the country manager is like the CEO of the country's operations.
- Support country launch into the local market by establishing required business licenses and bank accounts
- Actively manage StarNews / mobile Operator / Creator relationships
- Set up weekly meetings with Operators (at the Operator site) and Creators in order to build relationships and increase StarNews visibility
- Participation in weekly calls with Los Angeles Headquarter
- Weekly analysis of revenues and subscriptions, and other key metrics, followed by weekly presentations to the leadership team
- Work with our product and technology team to ensure UX and service availability is optimized
- Work with our growth team on all partner marketing and communication plans
- Work closely with our content team for management of local creators including acquisition and signing of partnership agreements, follow up and partner relationships
- Review and analysis of the performance of content partnerships
- Closely manage Telco relationships with acquisition and marketing activities
- Carefully manage marketing budgets and performance to ensure objectives are met in analytics, paid ads, and digital marketing
- Manage regulatory and compliance needs to operate business legally and effectively
- Recruiting of all local resources (including consultants and vendors) and staff management
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university
- 8+ years of business development, account management, and relationship building - particularly with big corporations.
- 8+ years of content licensing experience, negotiating license and/or partnership agreements
- Extensive experience working in the telecom space, particularly in Value Added Services, with a proven track record of handling projects with mobile operators.
- Experience in media licensing models, evaluation metrics, and deal terms
- Thorough understanding of Nigeria’s video content and telecom business with a broad network
- Knowledge of digital video landscape in Africa, including a solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
- A passion for analytics and critical thinking
- Self-driven with the ability to handle the pressure of meeting targets.
- Fluency in English; Ability to speak French as a plus.