Senior Project Manager
PalmPay is a fintech innovator that aims to make digital payment more accessible and flexible for consumers and merchants. We improve users' digital payment experiences by offering instant financial account creation, money transfers, and bill payments.
Since launching in 2019, PalmPay has quickly established itself as one of the continent's leading and fastest-growing payment providers.
PalmPay raised a US$100 million Series A round of funding in August 2021, with US$140 million raised in total. The company is now operating in Nigeria, Ghana and Tanzania, and will be scaling its proposition in other African markets in 2022.
About the job
- Identify project counterparts and their expectations for the project, and define project scope and goals.
- Identify the human, financial, and other resources needed to achieve project goals, and coordinate and promote the work of internal and external project members.
- Create and execute project work plans and adapt them as requirements change to meet partner needs.
- Effectively apply PMP and other project management methods to identify project risks, implement quality management, solve problems that arise during the project process, and achieve project standards.
- Manage the project team and project-related daily operations, identify inefficient behaviours or processes during the project, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and acceptance of projects.
- Report the project's progress, and update the existing problems and solutions in time.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to ensure project outputs.
- Evaluation and outcome evaluation after project delivery.
- Able to lead others to cooperate with project implementation.
- Drive Business engagement with partners to derive strategic partnerships for Fintech services.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of work experience in Fintech and Bank Product and Project landing.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Independently completed significant projects, such as POS channels, lending, cardless payment product projects, etc., are preferred
- Must possess a PMP certificate, Certified Agile Coach (CSM) is a plus.
- Have an overall view and can effectively control the achievement of project goals. Meticulous work, quick thinking, a strong sense of responsibility, proactive work, fast learning ability, and ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Strong logical and structural thinking, decisive goal, and action.
- Data-driven and result-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, with personal charm, can resolve the lack of team resources, and coordinate and drive all parties to cooperate to complete the project.
- International work experience, especially working with China is preferred.
- Good at using Microsoft Office Packages.