About Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
About the job
working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving and operating a vehicle. knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures. Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others. Safe and legal operation of a private and commercial motor vehicle. Knowledge of the Abuja and outskirts states.
The project driver will report to the finance and operations officer with a dotted reporting line to the senior operations manager.
Vehicle maintenance and management
- Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel card/voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the operations department.
- Ensure vehicle movement logbook is filled timely and regularly.
- To report immediately to the Finance and Operations Officer, all accidents or issues involving LEARN vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of LEARN.
Staff and material transportation
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, vehicle took kit, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure that all LEARN assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately vehicle log books and submits to the Finance and Operations Officer.
- Prepares monthly vehicles’ maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
Other services provision:
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between LEARN and other service providers.
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Assist the Finance and Operations Officer to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored for compliance and expiration both for cars and drivers e.g driver’s license.
- Receive and collate movement plan, while sharing in the new week to all staff.
- Update the daily movement board (Airport pick up/drop off and movement within/outside the State)
- Report all cars incidents with a view to finding solutions and recording lessons learnt.
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly checks on all LEARN vehicles.
- Ensure that vehicle log sheets are properly filled and signed by colleagues.
- Assist the security guards in the proper refueling of the generators.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
- High School graduation
- Prior driving/taxi experience working for donor.
- Excellent knowledge of the local region
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license
- Clean driving record/history
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar role.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required for documenting trips, fuel and vehicle maintenance