Associate IT Operations
The Edo State Government launched the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme in 2018, to revolutionize basic education across the state. The programme is designed to deliver on the Governor’s core belief that ‘'once you get basic education right, everything else falls in place.’’
EdoBEST recognizes that a strong educational foundation will launch its children into a future of success and takes this responsibility seriously. The programme uses a holistic approach that centers on scientifically-based learning materials, a data-driven model and continuous capacity building.
Through EdoBEST, teachers are equipped to leverage technology, motivate pupils and employ scientifically-based learning materials; teaching methods and classroom techniques. EdoBEST head teachers are coached to support their teachers, connect with their communities and take full ownership of all aspects of their schools. While education managers are trained to leverage technology and data-driven approaches to support school staff and effectively fulfill their roles.
About the job
The Associate, Information Technology role will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems, as well as the line management of IT officers. The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction with minimal supervision.
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all staff, covering all PC hardware, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensure that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in the designated service desk system, where necessary login on behalf of the staff.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the company’s network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of company’s systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Excellent Writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience with admin of Microsoft systems such as Exchange, Navision, IIS, or SharePoint.
- Routers, switches and firewall experience