At VIISAUS, we are passionate about Nigeria. We leverage technology, data and insights to try and explain the enigma that Nigeria has become in order to make it a better place to live….or in other words - to fix Nigeria. We VIISAUSIANS believe in the dream of Nigeria that once existed and put all we have into using our skills and efforts in a team setting to achieve that dream. As we like to say, "VIISUAS exists to fix Nigeria, once Nigeria is fixed, there will be no need for VIISAUS."
VIISAUSIANS believe that developing societies can be re-engineered to become more relevant within global contexts and concentrate our skills and efforts in different teams to achieve that dream. Established in 2016, we are a consulting partnership with practice desks within the functional areas of politics, technology, and market research. Our culture and values speak to making our vision a priority. We value hard work, teamwork, and being passionate about what we do while having fun in the process! We are a company of “ordinary people” with “extraordinary minds” committed to sustainable development.
About the job/Responsibilities
As a web developer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Manage and Maintain existing Software programs
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software databases. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization and responsiveness across devices.
- Creating and managing servers and databases with MySQL, PostGRE, and or MongoDb; experience with Digital Ocean, AWS, Azure and any other cloud-based server systems is key.
- Design and Develop robust APIs for client-specific or enterprise software.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design or implementation issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve a resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Have experience with CSS and JS Frameworks like Tailwind, Materialize and Bootstrap, React, React Native and Ant design.
- Have solid capacity to implement Server side applications in PHP, Laravel and Nodejs.
- Have a strong understanding of Unix or Windows shell operations
- Have experience with Agile Methodologies and Continuous integration
- Have a strong foundation in statistics, data analytics and software development. Possession of knowledge in survey research and statistical modelling will be an added advantage
- An understanding of data visualization patterns and have experience with one or more data visualization tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, Seaborn, MicroStrategy, SAP BusinessObjects, QlikView, etc.
- A strong experience in mining and manipulating data with traditional tools (SQL, Power BI, OLAP, advanced EXCEL, etc.) and ‘Big Data’ tools/techniques (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Possess excellent oral, written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Possess an extraordinary mind and love to use it
- Love working with numbers andare target driven
- Worked on several web dev projects
- Experience in web based unit testing
- Some dev ops experience
- Jira, slack or any other collaboration tool